Analysts say the company, led by chairman Charlie Ergen, could use a stake in the wireless broadband firm to strike a partnership to expand its services. read more
Rising feed prices have seen the cost of broiler meat in India rise to record prices of Rs 100 per kg.
The U.K. TV giant continues to grow in the U.S. read more
The conclusion of the recent InnoVision conference was that increasing the efficiency with which farm animals utilise the nutrients they absorb from their feed will be the next important step in increasing farm productivity.
From the Chicago Tribune: Publishers had barely caught their breath at the loss of those two sizable revenue streams when the e-book tsunami hit. By 2008, large publishers had made major investments toward digital conversion. Many new...Show More Summary
In yet another U.S. acquisition, Britain’s ITV is taking a controlling stake in reality, entertainment and drama producer Thinkfactory Media. Among the company’s credits are the award-winning miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. ITV will pay $30M for a 65% share of the company with a put and call option to buy the remaining 35%. Show More Summary
Okay - here is the full title: Federal Water Law and the 'Double Whammy': How the Bureau of Reclamation Can Help the West Adapt to Drought and Climate Change by Reed D. Benson This paper was sent around on one of my lists but it's now available here, where you...
The costumed Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl continue to protect the city while knocking the crap out of the bad guys in this follow-up to the 2010 pseudo-superhero flick. This year’s model sees our heroes inspiring a number of copycat do-gooders, including the masked Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey). Show More Summary
Fefac (the European Feed Manufacturers' Federation) have presented ‘The Feed Chain in Action’ report, which consists of the 2012’s statistics and most relevant topics concerning the European compound feed and premixture industry and its contribution towards a sustainable future.
At the end of May, we wrote about the Taiwanese government's bizarre proposal to create a copyright bill that was like SOPA, but even worse. Apparently, the folks at the Taiwan Intellectual Property Office (IPO) had slept through the whole SOPA thing. Show More Summary
Continuing its international expansion, Netflix will move into the Netherlands later this year. This follows on from launches in the UK, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway in 2012 and Latin America in 2011. The streaming service currently has 36 million members in 40 countries. Show More Summary
The ATSB has launched an inquiry into yesterday’s emergency landing at a fog bound Mildura airport by a Virgin Australia 737-800 which declared a fuel emergency after fog closed Adelaide airport. It described the incident as ‘serious’. This inquiry is understood to be among the very few cases that a serious fuel related incident involving [...]
Phoenix, AZ—The Phoenix Police Department personnel records of former detective Armando Saldate or rather certification of the destruction of them was filed in U.S. District Court today by the Arizona Attorney General. I have examined them carefully. Show More Summary
and the winner is...
Time for another quick Wednesday roundup of news from around the competitive telecom and internet infrastructure space: … [visit site to read more]
Our old friend Oliver Stone is at it again. This time, as The Hollywood Reporter informs us, he is being feted and wined and dined in the People’s Republic of China, where he is the star attraction at this year’s Shanghai International Film Festival. The festival will be screening his big flop Alexander, his film [...]
Nest Labs, the smart thermostat company that makes consumer technology lovers drool, today announced a range of new utility partnerships to expand its product offerings. Building off its previous relationship with Reliant, a Texas-based...Show More Summary
Late last year, I was on a podcast talking about the Comprehensive Plan update and was asked about tips for where the best places to live in the future would be. Intuitively I answered "inner SE and inner NE are going to get even more awesome". Last week, my intuition got validated by some data. Show More Summary
This year's Giving USA 2013: The Annual Report on Philanthropy for the Year 2012 was just released yesterday. If you're like me with a passion for the positive, there's a lot of good news to read about! Any kind of charitable givingShow More Summary
Rolling Stone and Buzzfeed are mourning journalist and war correspondent Michael Hastings, who has been killed in a car crash in Los Angeles. The 33-year-old—described by Buzzfeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith as a "great, fearless journalist with an incredible instinct for the story"—was best known for his 2010 profile...