Post Profile






West Virginia's colony for 'Wi-Fi refugees'

You may find cell phones annoying, but for some people, they're downright sickening. These people suffer from an unusual — and disputed — condition known as electromagnetic hypersensitivity, or EHS. And in our wireless age, their lives can be hell. But many EHS victims have found a place that's almost heaven: West Virginia. In an area of the state where wireless technology and radio signals are forbidden, these "Wi-Fi refugees" have found shelter.
read more

share
See more about: West Virginia

Related Posts


West Virginia's 'Quiet Zone' becomes refuge for those on the run from wireless technology

Technology / Mobile : Engadget: Mobile (4 years ago)

There's a 13,000-square-mile section of West Virginia known as the Quiet Zone where there's no WiFi, no cell service, and strict regulations placed on any device that could pollute the airwaves. Those unique conditions are enforced ...

Allergic to Wi-Fi? Go to West Virginia

Technology / Gadgets : technabob (4 years ago)

The condition called Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (or EHS for short) is pretty controversial. If you believe that it exists, then symptoms might include headaches, skin burning, muscle twitching and chronic pain. Those who belie...

West Virginia Town Full of Those Sickened by WiFi

Technology : Technology from Newser (4 years ago)

Most Americans hate being out of range of a cell phone tower, but not the residents of Green Bank, West Virginia. A growing number of Americans are moving to this mountain town, population 143, specifically because cell phones and W...

National Radio Quiet Zone a haven for people who say wireless signals make them sick

Humor : Boing Boing (3 years ago)

Bennie says: "The National Radio Quiet Zone is a 13,000 square mile area located in parts of West Virginia and Virginia. Some find the silence soothing; others because they suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity. Whatever the ...

People 'Allergic' To Wireless Signals Flocking To Wi-Fi Free Town In Podunk, West Virginia

Humor : Geekologie (4 years ago)

Apparently 5% of Americans believe they have Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS), a make-believe condition that causes headaches, skin-burning sensations, and chronic pain when exposed to wireless signals. The other 95% of Americ...

Comments



Copyright © 2015 Regator, LLC