A US soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians has been identified in media reports as Staff Sergeant Robert Bales. The soldier is believed to have walked off his base in southern Afghanistan on Sunday and gunned down the villagers.He was named by a US official speaking on condition of anonymity. Officials had previously said the shooter was a 38-year-old staff sergeant.
The U.S. soldier accused of gunning down 16 Afghan civilians, including nine children, was more than $1million in debt and had defrauded a pensioner out of his life savings, it has been claimed. Federal documents show how Staff Sgt ... Read Post
The US Army has said it will seek the death penalty for a soldier charged in the killing of 16 Afghan villagers during a pre-dawn raid.Staff Sergeant Robert Bales is accused of going on a shooting rampage in two southern Afghanistan... Read Post