Post Profile






Queensland Place Histories – South Brisbane Railway Station

The first South Brisbane railway station was constructed in 1884 on the corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets and was originally known as the Melbourne Street Station.  This station became the terminus for rail services on the south side of the Brisbane River, remaining so until 1978. The existing railway station was reconstructed on higher [...]
read more

share

Related Posts


Queensland Places – Queensland’s First Railway

Australia / Brisbane : John Oxley Library Blog (2 years ago)

The first railway in Queensland opened on 31 July 1865, running from Ipswich to its terminus at Bigge’s Camp, later to be known as Grandchester.  Bigge’s Camp was situated around thirty-four kilometres to the west of Ipswich and thi...

Queensland Theatre Company presents King Lear

Australia / Brisbane : Life in Brisbane (5 years ago)

QPAC Playhouse Melbourne and Grey Street, South Brisbane From May 5th through May 22nd Bell Shakespeare’s King Lear, a powerful tale of jealousy, betrayal and madness. Starring Australia’s premier Shakespearean talent John Bell. Whe...

Queensland Place Histories : Queen Street, Brisbane

Australia / Brisbane : John Oxley Library Blog (3 years ago)

Queen Street, Brisbane, as the city’s main street, is at the centre of the network of streets that make up the central business district as well as the streets of South Brisbane, both in the street’s name as well as its alignment an...

Queensland Places – First Ipswich Railway Station

Australia / Brisbane : John Oxley Library Blog (2 years ago)

The first Ipswich Railway Station was built in Lower Ellenborough Street as the terminus of the first railway line in Queensland. This first line linked Ipswich to Bigge’s Camp, later to be renamed Grandchester, and was officially o...

Queensland Place Histories - South Brisbane Railway Station

Australia / Brisbane : John Oxley Library Blog (3 years ago)

The first South Brisbane railway station was constructed in 1884 on the corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets and was originally known as the Melbourne Street Station.  This station became the terminus for rail services on the south ...

Comments



Copyright © 2015 Regator, LLC