Google said that Chinese authorities have approved its $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility Holdings. |||
Google said on Saturday that Chinese authorities have approved its $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility Holdings, th e last regulatory hurdle to a deal that would allow the world's No. 1 Internet search engine to develop its own line of smart phones. Google, which will be the newest entrant to the handset market, announced plans for the acquisition last year in a bid to secure Motorola's valuable patents and pave the way for a pairing of Google's Android mobile software and Motorola's handset business.
Having received final approval from Chinese authorities at the weekend, Google has announced that its $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility (MMI) has finally closed, with Dennis Woodside becoming the company’s... Read Post
Google may have announced its $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility last August and gained approval from both EU and US authorities but it’s taken until today for the search... Read Post