Post Profile






L.A. school garden closed after children sickened by mushroom

Several Los Angeles children were sickened last week after sampling a toxic mushroom growing in a community garden at their neighborhood school. At least two of them, including a 10-year-old boy, were taken to a local hospital for treatment, and the garden is now closed. The culprit was identified as Amanita pantherina, or Panther cap mushroom,... Continue Reading
read more

share

Related Posts


Two Children Reportedly Injured at Elementary School Shooting in South Carolina 

Pop Culture / Celebrity : Jezebel

Reuters and local media outlets are reporting that at least two children have been shot during an incident at Townville Elementary School in Townville, South Carolina. The suspected shooter is reportedly in custody. Read more...

Mushrooms from community garden sicken Silver Lake schoolchildren

United States / Los Angeles : L.A. Now

A small group of elementary students was sickened Wednesday after eating vegetables from a community garden on the Silver Lake campus, school officials said. The students from Micheltorena Street Elementary School visited the commun...

In a Los Angeles neighborhood, teen reporters give a paper unique access to its community

Media / Media Industry News : Columbia Journalism Review

Earlier this month, reporter Samantha Silva sat with Juan Méndez and Josefina Rizo in the living room of their Los Angeles home. She was there to interview the couple about their 16-year-old son, José Juan Méndez, who was fatally sh...

Students ill after eating mushrooms from community garden in L.A.

Industries / Agriculture : The Packer Daily

The Los Angeles Unified School District’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety is investigating after several elementary school students fell ill after eating mushrooms from a community garden, according to the district. The Lo...

Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Texas Community Church Luncheon

Lifestyle / Food & Drink : Food Safety News

At least 30 people were reportedly sickened following a recent community meal at a church northwest of Weatherford in Parker County, TX. Several of them, including children, were admitted to local hospitals, according to family memb...

Comments


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC