Townhouse of Zinaida Ivanovna Yusupova, nee Naryshkin (1810-1893). Designed by Harald Bosse and buildt by Ludwig Bonshtedt, the construction began in 1852, and ended in 1858. Inspired by Italian renaissance and with elements of baroque architechture, the building was buildt with sandstone from Bremen in Germany, and from Gatchina. The facade is decoraded with columns and pilasters, while caryatids flank the main entrance.
songesoleil: The Palace Guard.1893. Oil on panel. 65 x 46.5 cm. Art by Ludwig Deutsch.(1855-1935).
Moritz Ludwig von Schwind, Apparition in the Forest, 1858. Moritz von Schwind (21 January 1804 – 8 February 1871) was an Austrian painter.
hismarmorealcalm: Edward Onslow Ford (1852 – 1901) Plaster model for The Shelley Memorial University College Oxford 1893 Decorative plinth designed by Basil Champneys detail