Post Profile

Plane evacuated after Samsung smartphone starts smoking

(AP) — An overheating, smoking Samsung smartphone forced the evacuation of a Southwest Airlines jet that was preparing to take off Wednesday from the Louisville airport. The Federal Aviation Administration took the unusual step of warning passengers not to use or charge the devices while on board and not to stow them in checked luggage. Flight attendants on many airlines added a warning about the Samsung device to their pre-flight safety demonstrations.
read more

See more about: Southwest Airlines

Related Posts

Southwest plane evacuated after Samsung Note 7 catches fire. It was a recall replacement.

Humor / odd : Boing Boing

In Louisville, KY today, a Southwest Airlines plane that had not yet left the ground was evacuated on the runway, after one passenger’s Samsung smartphone caught fire. No injuries were reported. (more…)

Southwest Flight Evacuated After Samsung Device Emitted Smoke

Technology : Tech -

Smoke coming from a Samsung Electronics Co. device prompted Southwest Airlines Co. to evacuate a flight Wednesday.

Samsung Galaxy fire blamed in evacuation of Southwest flight [u]

Technology / Apple : Apple Insider

Southwest Airlines evacuated 75 passengers from a flight preparing to take off from Louisville Airport in Kentucky after smoke from a Samsung Galaxy phone filled the cabin. The phone was a replacement Galaxy Note 7 that had been pow...

Smoking Samsung Galaxy Note7 forced a plane evacuation

Technology : Mashable: Tech

Here we go again. Just when it seemed like things were finally calming down and Samsung's Galaxy Note7 recall was going well, a new doomsday scenario popped up. A Baltimore-bound Southwest Airlines plane was evacuated while it was o...

Smoke from Samsung device leads Southwest Airlines to evacuate plane

Issues & Causes / Environmentalism : Greenspace

Smoke that caused a plane to be evacuated at Louisville International Airport in Kentucky was caused by a Samsung device, a fire official said. Louisville Metro Arson Capt. Kevin Fletcher told news outlets that the device overheated...


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC