At the end of last week, after a report surfaced of a Galaxy Note 7 owner whose supposedly safe phone caught fire on a Southwest plane just before takeoff made the rounds, and carriers began accepting returns for those worried about their own replacement devices, two more reports of exploding devices have arrived. This situation […]
Two More Replacement Note 7s Explode, So Yeah, Don’t
One of our worst fears was realized by a Kentucky man who reportedly suffered from smoke inhalation after his replacement Note 7 exploded in his bedroom while he slept.
A third replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has caught fire. Michael Klering of Nicholasville, Kentucky told WKYT that he woke up at 4am and his room was filled with smoke. The phone that Samsung had recently replaced was burning. “It...
Samsung’s exploding battery woes aren’t over. According to initial reports from The Verge, a Southwest Airlines flight was grounded and evacuated this morning when a Galaxy Note 7 began smoking in a passenger’s pocket. The Note 7 is...
Samsung Electronics said Sunday it’s investigating a Galaxy Note 7 that is reported to have caught fire in Kentucky, a third incident in less than a week involving its replacement phones.