Post Profile

On the Spot: What to do if you're in trouble overseas

You’re in a foreign country and the unthinkable happens. You’ve lost your passport and all your money. Or you’re injured. Or you have been arrested. Or you’ve run into visa problems. Trouble with a capital T, as Professor Harold Hill said in “The Music Man.”  What do you do? A recent conversation...
read more


Related Posts

China wants foreign workers and foreign money, plans to relax visa policies

China / Shanghai : Shanghaiist

China plans to relax visa policies and make it easier for foreigners to qualify for permanent residence in a bid to attract overseas talent and investment. [ more › ]

Passports, ranked by country

Humor / odd : Boing Boing

The Passport Index ranks passports according to their "power", defined around how many countries will let you in without a visa. British and American passports share the top spot. Meanwhile, a South Sudanese or Palestinian passport ...

Falcons put defensive end Derrick Shelby on injured reserve

American Football / NFL : ProFootballTalk

The Falcons lost some defensive depth Tuesday, when they put defensive end Derrick Shelby on injured reserve with an Achilles injury. The team announced that they had promoted safety Sharrod Neasman to fill his spot on the active ro...

US Passport and Visa Issuance Computer Crash, Thousands Stranded Worldwide

Travel / Air Travel : View From the Wing

A story that has gotten some play but not nearly enough is that the system for issuing US passports and visas has broken down. Passport issue times have slowed down, and visa issuance has broken down as a result. Foreigners looking ...

The Russian Visa: A Country’s Cover Charge

Travel / Air Travel : BoardingArea

There are certain things I hate paying for. These include annual fees for credit cards, valet parking, and visas. Trying to avoid both the payment and the process of sending in my passport is why I have found myself in visa trouble....


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC