Post Profile

Netizens outraged by pictures of giant panda eating trash at Taiyuan Zoo, officials say the panda is fine

Bamboo famously makes up 99% of a pandas diet. The other 1%? Trash. [ more › ]
read more


Related Posts

Giant panda Mei Xiang gives birth to twins at National Zoo

News : The Raw Story

Giant panda Mei Xiang gives birth at National Zoo to twins WASHINGTON—Interest in the impending birth of a panda at the National Zoo was so great Saturday that the famous “panda cam” crashed its Web page. And that was just for the f...

Giant panda genome reveals new insights into the bear's bamboo diet

Academics / General Science : ScienceDaily: Science Society

Biologists have shed new light on some of the giant panda's unusual biological traits, including its famously restricted diet.

Science reveals how giant pandas survive on a bamboo diet?

Health : LA Times: Health

How do giant pandas get by on a diet that consists almost entirely of bamboo? They manage to expend only 38% of the energy typical of animals their size, new research shows.

Breeder caught beating up giant panda in Sichuan research centre

China / Shanghai : Shanghaiist

An official breeder was caught on camera beating a giant panda from the Ya'an Bifengxia Panda Kindergarten in the Sichuan Giant Panda research centre, raising the ire of netizens. Offiicals have confirmed on Friday that this was the...

Netizens accuse Thailand zoo of abusing panda by giving her cheap bamboo

China / Shanghai : Shanghaiist

Experts have weighed in on some online rumors about the Chiang Mai Zoo in Thailand abusing the giant panda Linhui after images showing the animal's rotten teeth circulated on social media. They said Linhui's dental problems probably...


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC