Post Profile






Group of Chibok Girls ‘Freed’ From Boko Haram: Reports

Twenty-one of the Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in April 2014 have been released, according to the Nigerian government. A spokesman for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, Garba Shehu, tweeted that the girls had been released and were in the custody of the Department of State Services, Nigeria’s intelligence agency. Shehu said that the release was the result of negotiations between the Nigerian government and the militant group, brokered by the International Red Cross and the Swiss government.
read more

share
See more about: Boko Haram

Related Posts


Nigeria's Buhari Offers Talks with Boko Haram to Bring Back Chibok Girls

Technology : News Week: Technology and Science

Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari has opened the door to negotiating with militant group Boko Haram to secure the release of the 200 schoolgirls seized from the town of Chibok in 2014, the BBC reports. The girls, known as the Chib...

Nigeria to launch new investigation of 2014 kidnap of Chibok girls

News : Reuters: World News

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's president Muhammadu Buhari has ordered an investigation into the kidnapping of 219 schoolgirls by Islamist jihadi group Boko Haram in April 2014 from the town of Chibok, the presidency said on Thursday.

Nigeria ready to negotiate release of Chibok girls with Boko Haram, Buhari says

News : Reuters: World News

LAGOS (Reuters) - Nigeria's government is prepared to negotiate with Islamist militant group Boko Haram to secure the release of around 200 schoolgirls kidnapped last year, if credible leaders are identified, President Muhammadu Buh...

Chibok Girls Campaigners Slam Buhari for Boko Haram Claim

News : Newsweek: US

The leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) campaign have slammed Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari for claiming that Nigeria has defeated Boko Haram, Nigerian news site Naij reported. The militant group kidnapped 276 schoolgir...

Boko Haram releases 21 Chibok girls, government official tells BBC

News : Reuters: World News

ABUJA (Reuters) - Twenty-one of the more than 200 girls kidnapped over two years ago in a raid on their school in Chibok town by Boko Haram militants have been released, the BBC reported on Thursday citing a government official.

Comments


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC