Post Profile






Ghost Pepper Puree Hamburger Hospitalizes Man With Esophageal Tearing

The next time you think about eating a ghost pepper, stop and consider this. A case report in The Journal of Emergency Medicine describes a patient who spent 23 days in the hospital with tears in his esophagus after he consumed a hamburger topped with ghost pepper puree as part of a contest. The 47-year-old man began “violently retching and vomiting” after eating the burger, despite washing it down with six large glasses of water, according to the September report.
read more

share

Related Posts


Oregon Hospital Quarantined After Unexplained Hallucination Outbreak

News / Crime : Crime Feed

Authorities in Coos Bay, Oregon, are still working to figure out what happened in a local hospital that caused a 78-year-old patient, her caregiver, two sheriff's deputies, and a hospital worker to suddenly experience hallucinations...

2016, MAN: Corpses ‘Exploding’ In Decrepit Venezuelan Hospitals. It was one of the more macabre sto…

US Politics / Conservative : Instapundit

2016, MAN: Corpses ‘Exploding’ In Decrepit Venezuelan Hospitals. It was one of the more macabre stories to emerge out of socialist Venezuela — and served as a metaphor for the final days of the rotting regime. In a hospital morgue, ...

SF ghost-pepper burger yields 1-inch esophagus tear

United States / San Francisco : SFGate: Bay Area New

A 47-year-old man engaged in a daredevil eating contest in San Francisco found out the hard way just how hot a ghost pepper can be when he munched into a burger topped with a puree made out of the legendary chili. The ordeal, while ...

This Hot Pepper Literally Tore A HOLE In A Man's Esophagus — Read The Haunting Cautionary Tale HERE!

Pop Culture / Celebrity : Perez Hilton

Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking about taking a ghost pepper challenge. According to the Journal of Emergency Medicine, a 47-year-old man burned a HOLE in his esophagus after ingesting "ghost pepper puree" on top of a burger ...

Ever wondered 'what's the worst that can happen' when doing a hot pepper challenge?

Humor / odd : Happy Place

The aptly named Journal of Emergency Medicine details the terrifying case of a man who ate a ghost pepper and spent the next 23 days in the hospital after rupturing his esophagus. His plight is much more extreme than the final minut...

Comments


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC