Post Profile

December Rate Hike Considerations

Looking at Fed Fund futures prices, it’s evident that the market is pricing in a rate hike for December. You can see this in the chart below, which shows nearly 70% of market participants expecting the Fed Funds rate to be 25 – 50 basis points higher following that meeting.
read more


Related Posts

Inflation Expectations May Determine Fate Of Sideways Malaise In Stocks

Business & Finance / Investing : Short Takes

Market Remains Skeptical Of June Rate Hike Based on 30-day Fed fund futures prices, the market is pricing in a 23% probability of a Fed rate hike in June. Said another way, the market currently believes there is a 77% probability Ja...

Here Are The "Dots" - Fed Downgrades Economic Outlook, Sees Just Two Rate Hikes In 2016

Business & Finance : Zero Hedge

Back in December, the overoptimistic Fed predicted 4 rate hikes in 2016. Just a few weeks later, the Fed Funds futures said "no way", when markets crashed, and said the Fed was dead wrong, expecting zero rate hikes in 2016. Since th...

Fed Funds Futures Pricing in April 2012 Rate Hike

Business & Finance / Investing : MarketBeat -

The fed funds futures market, where two guys trade bets back and forth with each other on what the Fed will do in the distant future, is back to pricing in an April 2012 rate hike, reports Howard Packowitz.

CHART: Markets Are Now Pricing In The Longest Fed Easing Policy Yet

Business & Finance : Business Insider: Clusterstock

Bank of America's Rates and Currencies Research team has a note out this morning taking a look at Fed policy. This chart shows that until now, futures contracts have expected the Federal Reserve to hike rates sooner than they offici...

Futures Market Expects Fed to Delay Rate Hikes for a Year

Business & Finance / Investing : Financial Sense

Futures markets have shifted expectations for the Fed's liftoff further out in time. The July-15 Fed Funds futures contract is only pricing a 12bp Fed Funds rate increase from the current levels — not enough for a full hike.


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC