Former Philippine president Benigno Aquino is to be charged over a botched anti-terror raid that left 44 elite policemen dead in 2015, a special government prosecutor said Friday. Aquino, who ended his six-year term last year, was indicted for usurping authority and allowing a suspended police chief, Alan Purisima, to run the fatal January 2015 commando raid, the government Ombudsman said.
The anti-graft prosecutor in the Philippines has ordered the filing of criminal charges against former President Benigno Aquino III for his alleged liability in a 2015 clash with Muslim rebels … Click to Continue »
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Benigno Aquino on Friday signed an order raising the 2016 compensation of more than 1.3 million government workers, which should benefit domestic consumption, a key driver of economic growth.
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Benigno Aquino on Thursday took responsibility for a bungled security operation in January that left 44 police commandos dead, but offered no public apology for the clash that has become his b...
MANILA (Reuters) - A top adviser to Philippine President Benigno Aquino is facing a corruption investigation, a government agency said on Wednesday, a potential blow for the president who has built a reputation as a graft fighter.