Post Profile






It's OK not to be OK: why we need to embrace sadness | Johanna Leggatt

I don’t suggest depression isn’t a serious health problem or that it shouldn’t be professionally treated. But we should distinguish it from ordinary sadness I have never suffered from a depressive episode. I’ve never thought of harming myself or been suicidal, nor have I been afflicted with any serious form of anxiety. Don’t get me wrong, my mind, like most people’s, is a confounding and mysterious place, but it’s also predictable in its mix of competing thoughts, grand ambitions and impractical whims.
read more

share

Related Posts


Depression may be biggest cause of lost productivity with sinus problems

Health : Reuters: Health

(Reuters Health) - - Pain and other symptoms of chronic sinus problems might cause sufferers to miss work or school but depression is their biggest source of lost productivity, a small study suggests.

Doctors still grapple with how to treat depression

Health : Chicago Tribune: Health

Depression afflicts an estimated 16 million Americans every year, many of whom go to their doctors in despair, embarking on an often stressful process about what to do next. These visits may entail filling out forms with screening q...

Treating insomnia can ease depression and paranoia, study finds

Health : Reuters: Health

LONDON (Reuters) - Treating young people who suffer from insomnia by using online cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) could reduce debilitating mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, scientists said on Wednesday.

5 ways to help your friend with depression

Industries / Medical : Kevin MD Medical Weblog

Three to 17 percent of the world’s population suffers from depression, but trying to explain it to the other 83 percent can be difficult. Normal people have bad days and sad moods, but “normal” means they’re actually able to deal wi...

Pupils suffering from anxiety and depression to receive counselling in schools

Health : The Guardian: Health

Critics say 2019 launch of vital mental health plan is not soon enough Children suffering from anxiety and depression will be offered counselling at school under government plans to tackle a widely reported crisis in young people’s ...

Comments


Copyright © 2016 Regator, LLC