A new Yahoo Mail trial is shutting out users who use ad-blocking software. Yahoo Mail users who have installed ad-blocking software might find an unwelcome surprise: In the U.S., at least, Yahoo is blocking their access to email. Earlier this month, Yahoo quietly began testing a system that blocks out people who are using ad-blocking software. Show More Summary
Yahoo recently announced some improvements to its Gemini platform, a cross-device marketplace for search and native advertising.
In March of 2013 I authored an article predicting the demise of Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. Here's the thing - not every talented, successful executive is CEO ready; Mayer is a textbook example of this. It was obvious from the early days, at least to those paying attention, that Mayer didn't have the leadership [...]
And it's preventing the internet company from accomplishing the big comeback they were hoping for.
A deal with Yahoo would set the baseline for future deals.
On November 17, lead paint factory explosion Donald Trump was “open to” the idea of forcing all Muslims in the United States to belong to a database system tracking their movements, he told Yahoo. By Thursday, he was saying he wouldShow More Summary
In an era of short-term results-based business, we could very well be watching the end of Marissa Mayer. She was brought in by Yahoo after working for over a decade at Google where she was one of the senior executives responsible for...Show More Summary
In an interview with Yahoo News yesterday, Republican President frontrunner Donald Trump said that he would consider going to extremes to prevent terrorism. Even if that meant rounding up all Muslims in the country.
Want the benefits of a Microsoft account on Windows 10 without a Microsoft email address? No problem. You can just use one of your existing non-Microsoft addresses like Gmail, iCloud, or Yahoo! to set up the account. Open the Start menu and click on Your Username > Change Account Settings. Show More Summary
A lawn sign is planted in support of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump in Brooklyn, New York on Oct. 20, 2015. (Leonard Zhukovsky / Shutterstock) Yahoo News interviewed GOP front-runner Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka this week. Show More Summary
Yahoo shares were down slightly Thursday after its spinoff of Alibaba stake was questioned.
At the moment, Charcandrick West is owned in 85% of Yahoo! Fantasy Football leagues, and he’s being started in 75%. (What are the other 25% waiting for?) That’s pretty impressive for a running back who appeared to be third on the Kansas City depth chart at the start of the season—behind the injured Jamaal Charles […]
The mood inside Yahoo is becoming increasingly grim and contentious, with execs and staff at the company losing faith in CEO Marissa Mayer, according to an in-depth and very critical report in Forbes. Yahoo insiders say Mayer's style...Show More Summary
Activist hedge fund and key Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) shareholder Starboard Value LP has thrown a major snag in the company's Alibaba spin-off plans. The post Why the Alibaba Spin-Off Is Under Attack from This Activist Investor was originally published at The Wall Street Examiner. Follow the money!
Throughout the week you can send us your best questions, jokes, rants and just plain miscellaneous thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or @NickBromberg. We'll post them here and have a good time. Guess what? If the Chase was cumulative, Jeff Gordon would have a one point lead on Carl Edwards. Show More Summary
The pushy investor now wants the $31 bln tech company to offload its main business instead of its Alibaba holding. A switcheroo won’t erase a discount and residual tax liability on the stake. However it’s engineered, the real problems for Yahoo boss Marissa Mayer will remain.
It's rough out there for the CEO
Listen to Yahoo Sports' Grandstanding podcast for more: Grandstanding: A Yahoo Sports podcast Subscribe via iTunes or via RSS feed Join us, Jay Busbee and Nick Bromberg, as we break down the final race of the 2015 Sprint Cup Series season. Show More Summary
“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before," the GOP frontrunner said. Yahoo News interviewed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka this week. Among other things, Trump discussed his plans for responding to terrorism by targeting America's 3 million Muslim Americans. Show More Summary
The Yahoo CEO was viewed as a savior back in 2012. But insiders say that she now leads a company without vision or a viable turnaround plan. As top executives flee in droves, it's plausible that Mayer might soon join them.