Almost a decade after its release, the one film in Pixar’s catalog that seemed tailor-made for a sequel is finally being revisited: Disney CEO Bob Iger has announced that a new story is in development for The Incredibles. Since it was...Show More Summary
PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - The highly anticipated next installment of the "Star Wars" franchise will be set 30 years after "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi," Walt Disney Co.'s chief executive officer Bob Iger said on Tuesday at the company's annual sh...
The highly anticipated new Star Wars film, Star Wars: Episode VII, is set to begin filming this coming May, THR reports. “There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads,” Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said at the company’s shareholders conference earlier today. He also revealed that the plot [...]
While today’s Disney shareholders meeting found CEO Bob Iger offering news of The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, there was another anxiously awaited/cautiously dreaded sequel on the minds of those in attendance, as investors wondered whether Disney might finally find a way to make some money off of Star Wars. Show More Summary
We finally know when the next "Star Wars" movie will take place — 30 years after "The Return of the Jedi." CEO Bob Iger made the "Star Wars" news update during the company's annual shareholder meeting this afternoon. While Iger said it's too early to reveal any details about the film, he did confirm that R2-D2 will be in the film. Show More Summary
Disney CEO Bob Iger has revealed that a Pixar has a third "Cars" movie in development alongside an "Incredibles" sequel.
Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed that production will begin in May, and that the story will feature new young leads and returning favorites. [...]
Last summer, Pixar’s president said the studio intended to scale back the number of sequels they put out, focusing instead on original movies, like the old days. With a solid slate ahead of them, Disney’s head Bob Iger announced at the Investor’s Meeting today that they are working on another... More »
Bob Iger said today during Disney’s annual shareholder meeting in Portland, OR that Star Wars Episode VII will begin principal photography in May in London, and the movie will pick up 30 years after the events in Return Of The Jedi.Show More Summary
If you thought we were done with Pixar sequels, news from Disney's meeting of shareholders and D23 Members during the company's annual meeting has some opposing news. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger revealed that Pixar Animation Studios is working on Cars 3, because merchandising is king at the House of Mouse. Show More Summary
Pixar is working on a sequel to 2004's The Incredibles, the popular computer-animated superhero movie from Walt Disney Pictures, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed on Monday during the company's annual shareholders meeting in Oregon. IgerShow More Summary
Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger also disclosed during a shareholders meeting that the next Star Wars movie will take place 30 years after the events in 1983's "Return of the Jedi." read more
Following up on last year’s announcement that Pixar would be adopting a “one and a half” policy toward releasing one wholly original movie for every half-baked Monsters Unpaid Internship sequel, Disney’s Bob Iger announced today that at least two of those upcoming sequels will be Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. Show More Summary
Disney head Bob Iger dropped a big piece of news offhandedly during the Disney Investor’s Meeting today, stating that Brad Bird is working on the story for The Incredibles 2 and that Pixar is also working on a new Cars movie. No surprise...Show More Summary
The Disney CEO made the observation as he kicked off his company’s annual shareholder meeting, now underway in Portland, Ore. Frozen has already generated more than $1B globally and, having just opened in Japan, should pass Toy Story 3‘s sales of $1.06B. Show More Summary
The change appears to have appeased shareholders who are still seething over Disney’s decision to make Bob Iger both CEO and Chairman — and scratches a potentially embarrassing vote today over a proposal that could have made the process of selecting board members slightly more democratic. Show More Summary
Marvel Universe B-listers Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage are headed to Netflix, but not before coming to New York City on a $200 million ticket paid for by Disney. The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger today announced...Show More Summary
(ABOVE: Disney CEO Bob Iger, NY Governor Andrew Cuomo & Marvel CCO Joe Quesada) In an unprecedented move, New York governor Andrew Cuomo announced a multi-million dollar incentive program designed specifically to convince Marvel to film their 5 new Netflix series in New York City. As it’s rare for a show or even a movie to […]
CEO Bob Iger and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo are expected to announce plans to film Disney's street-level Marvel/Netflix series in New York City.
When Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger said that he believed "Frozen" has "real franchise potential," it came as a surprise to very few. The film has dominated theaters across the world for months, grossing more than $913 million worldwide...Show More Summary