All Blogs / Technology / Programming / Popular


How Walmart Canada’s responsive redesign boosted conversions by 20%: a case Study

With conversion optimization on the rise, it is a great idea to look into case studies which help you learn and adopt them to your personal needs positively. To find the material on conversion optimization you need from case studies,...Show More Summary

Get First N digits of a Number

This is about how to get first N digits of a number without converting it to string

C++ pattern matching

simple pattern matching technique for modern C++

CodeSOD: Interned Sort

Caleb scored his first intership at a small, family-owned print-shop. Much to his surprise, the day before he started, their primary web-developer left for a bigger, more lucrative job. His predecssor was an experienced programmer, but came at solving problems in his own unique way. Show More Summary

Writing SQL that works on PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite - Evert Pot

I am one of those crazy people who attempts to write SQL that works on SQlite, MySQL and PostgreSQL. First I should explain why: This is all for my project sabre/dav. sabre/dav is a server for CalDAV, CardDAV and WebDAV. One of the big...Show More Summary

Requirements Eng for Traditional and Big Data Business Intelligence

Comparing Requirements Engineering for Traditional and BigData Business Intelligence

INI directives are evil! - Pascal Martin

Cet article est aussi disponible en français. A few times, while evolutions were discussed for PHP 7, someone suggested a new feature could be optionnal 1, depending on an INI configuration directive — the idea being each user could then enable it or not. Show More Summary

?Black Duck and North Bridge find that today, and tomorrow, belong to open source

65 percent of companies are using open source for development, while 55 percent are using it in their production infrastructure. Any doubters still that Linux and open-source software rule the enterprise software world?

SMACK Part 2 - Nobody can ice-skate uphill

Hello all, firstly let me apologize. Its been about 2 months since I updated this blog and that has been for a variety of reasons.I have a now 11-month-old son, and he claims 95% of my day. The other 5% claimed by sleep.I recently was made an ALM

[RPi Series] Advanced 7 Segment Display Driver with a 4511 IC

Source code available on Github Background In my first post of this series I discussed a very simple way of driving a 7 segment display directly through the Raspberry Pi 2.  Whilst this does word, in practice it has a number of caveats and limitations.  Firstly the current through each LED is limite

Algorithm : Calc Convex Hull & Draw HTML5 Canvas (Part 3 of N)

We learn how to generate random points (easy) and we enable functionality which allows the user to grab any point on the grid and move it around in real-time (see animated gif).

Binding a Text to Multiple Sources

This article presents a way to display a message in a single control with several sources in a priority order

Route-friendly localization of ASP.NET MVC 5

Creating of user-friendly configurable internationalization mechanism in ASP.NET MVC application

Comparing Requirements Engineering for Traditional and Big

Comparing Requirements Engineering for Traditional and BigData Business Intelligence

Providing different forms for different users in SharePoint Online

If you want to create different forms to different types of users in Forms Designer for SharePoint Online, you have two options: use permission settings or use SharePoint groups. We’ll look at both options in this article.Suppose we have two types of users on our SharePoint website: managers and reg

Our Tagged Ingredients Data is Now on GitHub

We’re excited to release the roughly 180,000 labeled ingredient phrases that we used to train the machine learning model we referred to in "Extracting Structured Data From Recipes Using Conditional Random Fields."

Notable PHP package: PHP Image Mosaic Generator - PHP Classes

Notable PHP package: PHP Image Mosaic Generator By Manuel Lemos Some applications need to present groups of images in an attractive way for their users. One nice way to present images is to create a mosaic effect. Several images areShow More Summary

Developing for Direct Boot

Posted by Wojtek Kalici?ski, Developer Advocate Starting with Android N, a device that has been powered on can boot into a new mode called Direct Boot before the user has a chance to unlock it for the first time. In this mode, the operating...Show More Summary

Copyright © 2015 Regator, LLC