Now it can be told: About ten years ago, my pal Rodney was an employee at NetJets, a Berkshire Hathaway Company(™). Not for long, however. He was fired for making a very specific suggestion to his female boss. TTAC is a family-friendly...Show More Summary
Apple's beleaguered stock got some good news last month when Berkshire Hathaway announced that it had purchased a substantial stake in the iPhone maker. Now, thanks to a regulatory filing, we know how much the Warren Buffett-headed company paid: an average of $99.49 a share, Bloomberg reports. Show More Summary
The chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway spoke on a panel at the United State of Women Summit this week.
Berkshire Hathaway boss Warren Buffett says the anonymous bidder who paid around $3m for a meal with him is a woman. ||| Washington - Warren Buffett on Tuesday said the anonymous bidder who agreed last week at an annual charity auction...Show More Summary
ON THE WEB The Last Stand of Ken Chenault - Fortune - "The most important endorsement of Chenault has come from someone who is not on the American Express board but happens to be the company’s largest shareholder: Berkshire HathawayShow More Summary
Warren Buffett spends a lot of time thinking about management. Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway wholly owns dozens of companies — over 10 of which would be Fortune 500 companies on a standalone basis — and yet his management style as CEO...Show More Summary
Charlie Munger settled into his seat in front of the crowd at the University of Southern California. It was 1994 and Munger had spent the last 20 years working alongside Warren Buffett as the two men grew Berkshire Hathaway into a billion-dollar...Show More Summary
Apple has climbed two places in this year’s Fortune 500 list, a ranking of U.S. companies by revenue. Apple moved from 5th place last year to 3rd this, overtaking both Chevron and new AAPL investor Berkshire Hathaway, though still sitting...Show More Summary
The majority – 99% -- of Warren Buffett (Trades, Portfolio)’s net worth is wrapped up in the company he built, Berkshire Hathaway. He talks far less about the other 1% he invests on the side. Warren Buffett, chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., smiles before playing table tennis [...]
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is laying the groundwork for its 2017 expansion into international markets. The company just announced a listing-syndication program that displays properties on 70 real estate websites...
Warren Buffett is about to get back the $8 billion - plus a little extra - that his Berkshire Hathaway invested in Kraft Heinz. ||| Seattle - Warren Buffett is about to get back the $8 billion - plus a little extra - that his Berkshire...Show More Summary
The billion dollar AAPL investment Warren Buffett’s conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway disclosed in an SEC filing a fortnight ago seems to have gone a long way toward restoring investor confidence. Fortune reports that the stock has climbed...Show More Summary
Tech giant Apple’s share price, that peaked above US$132 a year ago, is now around US$94. This is despite the news that Warren Buffett’s investment conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway had recently acquired more than 9.8 million Apple shares. Since last year’s market peak, Apple has lost around one...
The world of Apple and Buffett have suddenly intersected and Berkshire Hathaway has invested $1 billion into the tech company.
Bruce Berkowitz (Trades, Portfolio), staunch contrarian investor at the Fairholme Fund (Trades,Portfolio), engaged in unusually aggressive selling in the first quarter and unloaded some of his key long-term holdings. Virginia "Ginni" Rometty, chief executive officer of International Business Machines Corp. Show More Summary
(Reuters) - The General Re unit of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc on Friday named longtime reinsurance executive Kara Raiguel as its new chief executive officer, replacing the retiring Tad Montross. Raiguel will report to Ajit...Show More Summary
Tech giant Apple’s share price, that peaked above US$132 a year ago, is now around US$94. This is despite the news that Warren Buffett’s investment conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway had recently acquired more than 9.8 million Apple shares. Show More Summary
SAN FRANCISCO—Warren Buffett made it clear that Berkshire Hathaway's billion-dollar stake in Apple earlier this year reflects the work of one of the company's investment managers, Todd Combs or Ted Weschler. In an email to the Wall Street...Show More Summary
A quick summary of the kabuki dance that was quarterly fund manager holding disclosures: Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) disclosed a new, roughly $1.1 billion stake in Apple (AAPL) in documents filed Monday morning with securities regulators. Meanwhile, Berkshire eliminated its position in AT&T (T) in the first three months of this year. The firm had been a large investor […]