Last year, Americans collectively spent 31 billion hours watching sports on TV — a 40% increase from a decade ago. They watched football, baseball, basketball, hockey, horse racing, NASCAR, rowing, rugby, soccer and volleyball — even Little League championships and poker games. “Live sports is...
I’ve watched the film A Faster Horse countless times. I am continually inspired by Dave Pericak and his team as they work around the clock on the 50th anniversary Mustang. It’s a fantastic film showing the inner workings of Ford’s product development and the people who made it happen during one of the worst economic downturns in […]
At Va. retreat, veterans ride horses, shoot arrows, walk labyrinths and examine their past.
Well really, there is no contest here. Sorry Skyrim, you are an amazing game that really ages well, but your horses all took the short bus to school. Also, imagine what the next gen horses of Red Dead’s follow-up will be like? If they were that advanced back then, it will be a marvel to […] The post The Horses from Red Dead vs. Show More Summary
We identify with panto pigs because the wiring that connects our limbs to our spines is so similar Forget Strictly, this is the season of dancing animals. All things furry and animated - from panto horses to balletic hippos and pirouetting mice - come out at Christmas time. Show More Summary
The Italian referendum is tomorrow, and no one is allowed to publish polls starting 15 days before the election. But Italians are publishing the results of “horse races” and such, that bear a remarkable resemblance to poll results. The latest horse-race numbers (literally) show No winning by 4 to 8 points. Show More Summary
archiemcphee: BBC Springwatch recently shared this awesome video of a grey squirrel using one of our Horse Head Squirrel Feeders. He’s determined to retrieve a tasty treat from inside the feeder, but in the meantime he looks like a horse-squirrel...Show More Summary
Fossil tracks were left by mastodons, camels, horses and large cats millions of years ago.
Sura Haarp takes a stand against socio-political inequalities with cardboard installations.
Animal rights activists are convincing people not to ride horse-drawn carriages in Central Park — video shows.
Animal rights activists may not have succeeded in getting the city to ban carriage horses, but they've found a new way to dissuade people from taking rides in the horse-drawn buggies: riding alongside carriages and urging tourists to take a free ride around Central Park in electric cars instead. [ more › ]
It has gotten to the point where CNBC is talking to Toys"R"Us about NES Classic stock. Nintendo of America, you done screwed up! Straight from the horse's (or rep's) mouth: "On Sunday, we're launching our Great Big Christmas Sale (Dec. Show More Summary
What Happened? Nearly four months ago, I discovered that this website had been hacked. A trojan horse had ingratiated itself in to our control panel, and we had no choice but to shut down our site. Given the level of the virus’ infection,...Show More Summary
My feet have always been all kinds of messed up. 80% of the time, I'm a toe-walker, which has made wearing flat shoes painful (Sorry, beautiful Rachel Comey creepers I wear about once a month because they give me charley horses in my arches). The other 20% of the time, I'm heel-striking so... Continue reading
The first ten issues of the Rebels comic book have been collected in a single volume from Dark Horse. The series was conceived and scripted by Brian Wood on the model of his Northlanders series about Vikings: a variety of stories—different characters, different points of view, different lengths—all drawn one from extended historical conflict. Show More Summary
From a close-up of a wasp to a herd of wild horses: Everyone loves beautifully composed photos of majestic wildlife. An adventurous journey to different species and locations. We couldn`t pick a favorite. Here are [...]
It's time to celebrate, because the makeup gods have blessed us with another magical beauty trend: unicorn horn eyeliner. It's no surprise that beauty addicts have found another way to channel their inner one-horned horse with the plethora of unicorn-inspired makeup products hitting the market recently. Show More Summary
Fruit Bats are on tour now in support of Absolute Loser, their first album in five years... Continue reading…
Photo by Daniel Mudliar The main benefit of this high-powered job as indie music blogger and tastemaker is that I get a heads up on new albums. With that in mind, how did I not get alerted to the new Horse Thief album. I love me some Horse Thief and their brand of psych-folk / [...]