Beyoncé celebrated with Hollywood's biggest stars Sunday night at the Vanity Fair Oscar party. The "XO" singer wore an elegant Stella McCartney dress with a dazzling diamond necklace, and styled her hair in a short, blunt bob for the event at Los Angeles' Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. Show More Summary
At the 2015 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, CBS News caught up with Bob Diamond, CEO of Atlas Merchant Capital, who explained why he's doubling down on investment in Africa and why his company has the competitive edge.
Speaking from Davos, the former Barclays CEO is raising money to capitalize on the continent's vast growth potential
It’s the tally of the dolls! Comic Mike Diamond and pal Matinga take a trip down memory lane and remember all their favorite playthings from childhood, such as “Gay Bob,” which sported a fabulously colorful wardrobe and whose packaging made him appear to burst from his closet. The duo also recall the more recent Jeff Stryker figurine […]
Simbarashe Pfende will lead a new management team picked by Bob Diamond’s Atlas Mara to take over the reins at Botswana-based banking group, African Banking Corporation (ABC). ||| Tawanda Karombo Harare SIMBARASHE Pfende will lead aShow More Summary
Yes, just in time to capitalize on Star Wars hype, Mark Hamill's OTHER-other most famous nerd role after the Joker is getting his long-unreleased Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 8" action figure,...
The investment company backed by a former Barclays chief executive, Robert E. Diamond Jr., is likely to fall short of the $400 million it was seeking in a second round of fund-raising, but that isn't expected to alter its strategy to invest in the African financial sector, according to a person briefed on the matter.
You may have heard they’re an insult to the game. You may have heard they don’t even play on a real diamond or wear real uniforms. Hell, you may have heard they like bobbing for apples in the toilet and live in constant fear of a neighborhood dog. Show More Summary
Brian Hibbs offers his takeaways from the Diamond Retailer Summit in Las Vegas and gives his thoughts on Bob Wayne leaving DC Comics.
Andrew Ross Sorkin’s 2013 article on Bob Diamond, the disgraced former C.E.O. of Barclays.
Credits: CARL COURT/AFP/GettyImages Alt Text: Barclays bank headquarters in Canary Wharf Barclays boss Antony Jenkins unpicks the legacy of Bob Diamond with 'bold simplification' of bank One-Minute Read Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 8:54am BARCLAYS...Show More Summary
Bob Mould, Richard Thompson and Shara Worden’s My Brightest Diamond are among the headliners for this summer's Downtown Sound, Millennium Park’s annual free concert series.
London - Robert Diamond named former Barclays Plc colleague John Vitalo as chief executive officer of his African financial-services company, Atlas Mara Co-Nvest. ||| London - Robert Diamond named former Barclays Plc colleague John Vitalo...Show More Summary
A firm linked to former Barclays chief executive Bob Diamond denied that it will help Zimbabwe tap much-needed international investment through a 150-million-euro bond issue. ||| Harare - A firm linked to former Barclays chief executive...Show More Summary
By The Long Lion: Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (BOBE) is a 65 year-old Midwestern and Southern based packaged food and casual dining restaurant chain. Restaurant sales account for approximately 75% of revenues, while the remaining 25% comes from packaged food sales in grocery store freezer aisles. Show More Summary
The former Barclays chief’s new hobby is buying financial firms in Africa. Atlas Mara announced on Monday that it had agreed to take the stake in ABC Holdings, which operates the African bank BancABC, and to acquire its controlling shareholder, ADC African Development Corporation, for about $265 million in cash and shares. Show More Summary
I love how Diamond Select is starting to embrace the role once held by NECA as the company who'll do niche action figures fans have always wanted to see. Now that NECA has grown and basically re...
Just a Bob Dylan lyric that came to mind when I read this news story about a prominent Madison, Wisconsin attorney. Since we were just talking about Mary Burke this morning, tet me also quote the last line of the linked article:The Journal...Show More Summary
Last night Bob Diamond—the man responsible for rediscovering the old Atlantic Avenue tunnel—passed along some of these photos, telling us, "I had no idea this happened today... Greg O'Connell had them trucked off, that's his orange...Show More Summary
Bob Diamond said his investment firm is seeking to acquire African financial-services companies that can help businesses manage currency and commodity risks on the continent. ||| Johannesburg - Bob Diamond, former chief executive officer...Show More Summary