Etan Patz, who disappeared more than three decades ago when he was six-years-old, is still missing. The FBI reopened the search for Patz last week but were unable to find the boy’s remains. Detective Joseph Cavitola, spokesman for the New York Police Department, told CNN that the search was ending. The FBI conducted a field [...]Show More Summary
A subterranean dig in a Manhattan basement turned up little in the search for 6-year-old Etan Patz, leaving New York police investigators and the FBI empty-handed in the three-decade probe for clues in the boy’s disappearance. Only a hair and one or two non-human bones — possibly from food — were found in the search. [...]
Authorities have concluded their search of a Manhattan basement for the remains of Etan Patz, who vanished 33 years ago on his walk to the school bus stop. No remains were found, and NBC New York has learned from a law enforcement official that field tests on a concrete sla …
The latest chapter in the 33-year search for Etan Patz -- the digging up of a basement in NYC's SoHo District -- has ended with no human remains found, no "aha" moment, and only a few reeds of possible evidence collected from the hundreds of pounds of debris now packed into dumpsters.
The FBI said Monday morning that they had finished with their work at the lower Manhattan basement
Investigators are done tearing up the Soho basement where they've been digging for leads in the 33-year-old disappearance of Etan Patz. The FBI said Monday that it had "concluded the on-site portion of the search. The street and local businesses will be reopened." The Times reports that "parts of a ... More »