The mentally ill man charged with abducting and killing 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979 will stand trial in early 2015 after several delays in his case.
Seventy-year-old Jose Ramos was convicted in January of providing false information to prison officials
Pedro Hernandez, 52, is charged with killing Etan Patz, who disappeared in 1979 while walking to his school bus stop; police said Hernandez confessed to the crime
At a hearing in March in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, Hernandez’s lawyer will seek to have the confession to the killing of Etan Patz deemed illegitimate, in significant part because of the failure to record what went on in a Camden...Show More Summary
Pedro Hernandez, the murder suspect in the Etan Patz case, could face trial in spring 2014
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New Jersey man who confessed to the 1979 killing of Etan Patz should stand trial for murder and kidnapping in the 6-year-old boy's disappearance, a judge ruled on Wednesday.
Etan became one of the first vanished children to be pictured on a milk carton
Pedro Hernandez of Maple Shade, N.J., was awaiting a ruling due Wednesday in the case surrounding 6-year-old Etan Patz, last seen walking to his Manhattan school bus stop in 1979
Pedro Hernandez's lawyer says his client is mentally ill and his admission to killing Etan Patz, 6, in 1979 is not reliable
Post by Jeanne SagerRemember Etan Patz, the first "child on a milk carton," whose alleged killer was finally arrested last year, more than 30 years after the 6-year-old disappeared? As if 33 years of not knowing wasn't bad enough for his family, they've been delivered another blow today. Show More Summary
The Etan Patz confession may be thrown out if the suspect’s lawyer has his way. Defense lawyer Harvey Fishbein wrote in new court papers that the man, Pedro Hernandez, gave a false confession. Fishbein added that the confession was false, contained several questionable claims, and was made only after Hernandez went through seven hours of [...]Show More Summary
Pedro Hernandez pleaded not guilty despite police saying he confessed to killing Etan Patz in 1979
Post by Kiri BlakeleyThirty-three years after 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared from a bus stop near his New York home, some answers may be finally emerging as to what happened to him. In some ways, that's certainly good. The family and the community want answers. Show More Summary
The man charged with killing a 6-year-old New York City boy who was infamously abducted in 1979 pleaded not guilty Wednesday, even as his lawyer insisted his confession to police was false. Pedro Hernandez, 51, wore a gray sweatsuit and answered "not guilty" at the hearing in …
After court, a defense lawyer said Pedro Hernandez, as a result of mental illness and other issues, had given authorities a false confession that led to his indictment in the 1979 killing of Etan Patz, a 6-year-old.
NEW YORK—The man charged with killing 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979 pleaded not guilty on Wednesday—in spite of the fact police say he confessed to murdering the boy shortly after he was arrested in the case earlier this year. Pedro Hernandez, 51, appeared in court dressed in a gray sweatsuit, where he quietly entered a [...]
The man accused of killing 6-year-old Etan Patz pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder and one count of kidnapping in the 1979 case. Pedro Hernandez was indicted last month by a grand jury after he confessed in May to killing the child, though his attorney said his client had falsely confessed. Hernandez's next [...]
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New Jersey man who confessed to killing Etan Patz - a 6-year-old boy who vanished from his New York City neighborhood three decades ago - pleaded not guilty in a New York court on Wednesday to charges of murder and kidnapping.