By Jonathan Koss: Alumina Limited (OTCQB:AWCMY) is the owner of a 40% share of Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals, or AWAC, a joint venture with Alcoa Inc (NYSE:AA). Alumina's stake in the company is passive while Alcoa, which owns the other 60% of AWAC, manages its operations. Show More Summary
Mars says 57 percent of the palm oil it sources can be traced back to a known mill in Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and Thailand, as of as of Aug. 31. The announcement comes as part of an initiative Mars launched in March that requires all of its suppliers to have a fully sustainable […]
Joshua Oppenheimer, a newly minted MacArthur fellow, follows up his groundbreaking documentary "The Act of Killing," about the 1965 government-directed mass killing in Indonesia, with a companion film, "The Look of Silence."
I've had the privilege of doing research in places that are seldom seen by humans: remote, nearly pristine reefs in the Phoenix Islands; seamounts near Cocos Island; and the waters of Indonesia and Palau. But Antarctica was the locale that took my breath away. Show More Summary
After a report last week revealed the President of Microsoft Indonesia confirmed that the Windows 8 to Windows 9 upgrade will be available free download, Myce has discovered that not all current Windows 8 users may be entitled to a free Windows 9 update. Show More Summary
The Twitter hashtags #RIPDemokrasi and #ShameOnYouSBY were trending as Indonesians expressed displeasure over the vote and against outgoing president SBY.
According to a NASA story from 2009, "human activities in this area of the world have contributed to the growing fire emissions issue. Palm oil is increasingly grown for use as a cooking oil and biofuel, while also replacing trans fats in processed foods. Show More Summary
Microsoft is expected to give a sneak peek at its next version of Windows, likely called Windows 9, at a press event Tuesday. There are also rumors -- seemingly confirmed by a Microsoft official in Indonesia -- that Microsoft, like Apple, will offer some users the option to upgrade to its new system for free. […]
Pattern Clash-Fall fashions with patterns dominate a sartorial editorial from Harper’s Bazaar Indonesia. Rising Sight Management star Xavier Serrano is front and center for... The post Pattern Clash: Xavier Serrano for Harper’s Bazaar Indonesia appeared first on The Fashionisto.
Amnesty International called for an immediate repeal of a new law in the Indonesian province of Aceh punishing anyone caught having gay sex or extramarital sex with 100 lashes, saying the legislation would stoke homophobia and harassment.
A Microsoft Indonesia executive let slip a potentially huge piece of news for Windows 9 a day ahead of the official announcement. Existing Windows 8 owners will be able to upgrade to the next version of the operating system for free....Show More Summary
On the island of Sumbawa, children aged five to nine years old race horses - and often have the scars to show for it.
3. analysis and cost control Indonesia’s economy development at the moment is developing along with the development in other fields. The economic development has the meaning of processing potential economic power into real economic strength...Show More Summary
The provincial legislature in Aceh has approved the bill calling for 100 public lashes with a cane for those convicted of homosexuality. Aceh is the only part of the majority-Muslim nation that is allowed to implement Islamic shariaShow More Summary
The Green School was established side-by-side with the non-profit Meranggi Foundation, which develops bamboo plantations by presenting seedlings to local rice farmers. The project also harnessed the talents of PT Bambu, an architecture firm specializing in
Luis Suarez's appearance for Barcelona B against Indonesia U19s earlier this week ended with the Uruguayan scoring two goals but also sparked a debate over his weight. The striker appeared heavier than usual in some pictures—perhapsShow More Summary
The world’s two biggest palm oil producers cut export taxes on most shipments to zero, seeking to lure buyers amid a global glut in edible oils that sent prices to a five-year low. The post Amid Global Oversupply of Palm Oil, Indonesia Cuts Export Tax to Zero appeared first on gCaptain Maritime & Offshore News.
Luis Suarez scored a quality brace for Barcelona B on Wednesday against Indonesia U19s, which sounds great, but the pictures from the game tell a different story. As the game was only broadcast on Catalan TV, behind closed doors, most people only saw low quality videos and streams, so couldn’t get a very close look […]
INDONESIA can credibly claim to be South-East Asia's most democratic country. That does not solely reflect weak competition—though of course in a democracy contest it takes little to beat Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar or, these days, Thailand. Show More Summary