Although at this time there is pretty much no difference in the various operating systems, and you can run your digital life in any OS that you choose, there are times when as a Mac user you might need to run certain Windows apps. Obviously...Show More Summary
Thom Holwerda, writing for OS News back in June 2014: After about 15 years at the company as User Interface Designer, he left about a year ago for unknown reasons - until now. Speaking at a conference here in The Netherlands, and noted...Show More Summary
The $200 Le S3 impresses with an upscale design and big 5.5-inch full-HD screen, but its outdated OS, lack of a headphone jack and appalling battery life can't be ignored.
You currently have to be picky about your choice of Chrome OS devices if you want to run Android apps, but you won't have to be quite so choosy going forward. Google has quietly mentioned that all Chromebooks arriving in 2017 or later will support Android software -- you won't have to spring for premium models just to run your favorite mobile apps. Show More Summary
Google’s plan to bring Android to Chrome OS is moving forward. The company on Monday confirmed that “all Chromebooks launching in 2017 and after” will support Android apps “in the coming future.” Those new Chromebooks will join the three models that officially support the Google Play Store today — the Asus Chromebook Flip. Show More Summary
Play Store access is coming to all Chromebooks launched in 2017. Google introduced Play Store support for Chromebooks last year, opening up over 1 million Android apps to Chrome OS users. Currently, there are three Chromebooks that let...Show More Summary
While CyanogenMod, the most popular custom ROM for Android, may be dead, its spirit lives on in Lineage OS. Now, the first builds of that ROM are available for the Nexus 6P, 5X, and a few other devices. Read more...
1. In.................,a program may be too big to fit into a partition, so the programmer must design the program with the use of overlays so that only portion of the program needed to be in main memory at any time. A) Fixed partitioning B) Dynamic partitioning C) Virtual memory paging D) Simple segmentation 2. Show More Summary
1. Which of the following is/are the requirements of memory management. i) Relocation ii) Protection iii) Sharing iv) Memory organization A) i, ii and iii only B) ii, iii and iv only C) i, iii and iv only D) All i, ii, iii and iv 2. Show More Summary
Windows Mail is the free app bundled with the OS that is ideal for those who use email sparingly, but Outlook is the solution for anyone who's serious about electronic messaging. A fresh install of Windows 10 offers a number of software solutions, including one for email and calendar. Show More Summary
Lineage OS will be rolling out the first batch of official builds this weekend, with support for over 80 devices right off the bat.
When Google announced the Nexus One back in 2010 it marked an important turning point for the company's Android mobile operating system. While Google's vision had always been different to Apple's - the aim being to create an OS standard...Show More Summary
1. With.........................., requested resources are granted to processes whenever possible. A) deadlock detection B) deadlock deletion C) deadlock prevention D) deadlock avoidance 2. Which of the following are the strategies needed...Show More Summary
There is a narrative that the public rejected Windows Phone, but certainly in Europe it was more a case of Microsoft suddenly withdrawing their handsets from the market. The OS managed to build up quite a user base before that fateful decision, but this is now rapidly withdrawing, and with that goes the apps which […]
I heard it was you Talkin' 'bout a world Where all is free It just couldn't be And only a fool would say that - Steely Dan A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom. - Bob Dylan Here's a rambleShow More Summary
Once upon a time, a team of engineers began work on a mobile operating system called Android. The platform began its life as an uninspired BlackBerry OS clone, but one glimpse of Apple's new iPhone would help Google realize that it needed a serious course correction. Show More Summary
Google's updated smartwatch platform is reportedly on course for a February 9th launch. Here's a guide on the new OS, including a roundup of the new Android Wear devices that are coming soon.
1. A.................. is one that can be safely used by only one process at a time and is not depleted by that use. A) Reusable Resource B) Single Process Resource C) Consumable Resource D) Produced Resource 2. Processors, I/O channels,...Show More Summary
1. To enforce....................... two functions are provided enter-critical and exit-critical, where each function takes as an argument the name of the resource that is the subject of competition. A) Mutual Exclusion B) Synchronization C) Deadlock D) Starvation 2. Show More Summary
Nintendo Co. plans to launch its Super Mario Run smartphone game for Android OS in March, a three-month delay after the rollout for Apple Inc.’s smart devices.