(THE HAGUE, Netherlands) — Former Bosnian Serb military chief Ratko Mladic is back in court for his genocide trial at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal after recovering from a health scare that saw him rushed to the hospital last week. The 70-year-old Mladic rose slowly from his chair in the courtroom Monday as judges entered [...]
Ratko Mladic, who is on trial on charges he masterminded an army campaign to cleanse Bosnia of Croats and Muslims, was taken to the hospital Thursday as a precautionary measure, a court spokeswoman said. "Proceedings were adjourned because he wasn't feeling well," said Nerma Jelacic, a spokeswoman for International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. [...]
A Bosnian Muslim man cries near coffins prepared for a mass burial at the Memorial Center in Potocari, near Srebrenica on July 9. The bodies of 520 recently identified victims of the Srebrenica massacre will be buried on July 11, the anniversary of the massacre when Bosnian Serb …
On Monday, the first witness testified at the U.N. trial of Ratko Mladic, the former Bosnian Serb military chief who faces 11 charges of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes for allegedly masterminding Serb atrocities throughout the 1992-95 Bosnian war that left 100,000 people dead.
The showpiece genocide and war crimes trial of the 'Butcher of Bosnia' Ratko Mladic was dramatically halted in The Hague today after an extraordinary and embarrassing blunder by prosecutors. Presiding judge Alphons Orie suspended the...Show More Summary
Unless Mladic's legacy is addressed in the rest of Bosnia, the outcome of his trial in The Hague may be merely symbolic. New York, New York - On May 12, 1992, Radovan Karadzic, president of the self-proclaimed Serbian Republic of Bosnia...Show More Summary
What does Royal Dutch Shell have in common with General Ratko Mladic, former commander of the Bosnian Serb army? More than you'd think...
Inauguration of the new French president, the “festivities” of the opposition in Moscow, the beginning of Ratko Mladic’s trial and the opening of the 65th Cannes Film Festival - these and other events of the last week in RIA Novosti's image gallery.
The long-awaited genocide trial of Ratko Mladic, the former Bosnian Serb military commander known as the "Butcher of Bosnia," came to a sudden and unexpected halt on Thursday. Presiding judge Alphons Orie suspended the hearing at the United Nations war crimes tribunal at the Hague due to errors by the prosecution team. Show More Summary
Yesterday morning, The Hague tribunal commenced the trial of Ratko Mladic, ex commander of the army of the Serbian republic in Bosnia. Mothers of the slain gathered in front of the court.
Former Serbian army commander Ratko Mladic continues to offend those in the audience at his genocide trial, and now he's got a reason to gloat as the judge suspended the proceedings thanks to a potentially huge error in prosecutors' disclosure of evidence.
The cut-throat gesture made by Ratko Mladic on the opening day of his trial at The Hague sent a frisson of excitement through the press corps. Never mind that it’s now reported that the gesture could have been a demand for a toilet break rather than a threat to the Bosnian Muslims sitting in the [...]
Bosnian Serb commander claps as court shows film of him in Srebrenica before massacre One-Minute Read LAST UPDATED AT 14:06 ON Thu 17 May 2012 THE GENOCIDE trial of Bosnian Serb warlord Ratko Mladic has been suspended indefinitely because...Show More Summary
The war crimes trial of former Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladic was suspended until further notice Thursday over the prosecution's failure to disclose some evidence against Mladic, court spokeswoman Nerma Jelacic said. The abrupt suspension came only a day after the long-awaited trial began. Prosecutors had been planning to focus Thursday on the massacre of [...]
Justice for the accused Butcher of Bosnia is once again on hold: Ratko Mladic's war crimes trial was suspended today in only its second day, after it came to light that the prosecution had failed to disclose some evidence against Mladic to the defense as required. It's not clear what...
The war crimes trial of Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladic has been halted indefinitely after prosecution "errors". The presiding judge said the adjournment - on day two of the hearing - was because prosecutors failed to fully disclose...Show More Summary
The presiding judge in the U.N. trial of Gen. Ratko Mladic has delayed indefinitely the presentation of evidence that had been scheduled to start later this month due to "errors" by prosecutors in disclosing evidence to defense lawy...
Former Bosnian Serb army commander Ratko Mladic went on trial accused of carrying out a brutal campaign of ethnic cleansing and Europe's worst massacre since World War II.
Former Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic, whose war crimes trial began on Wednesday, made a "throat-slitting" gesture at a widow of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre who was in the court, she told AFP.