Providing Robert Kubica has recovered to a sufficent level of physical fitness, the Mercedes team says it would be willing to offer him a Formula 1 test. The comments, made by Executive Director Toto Wolff, come just days after it was confirmed that the Pole had completed mileage in the Brackley-based outfit's simulator.
Robert Kubica has confirmed that he has completed laps in the Mercedes simulator. The 28-year-old Pole still hopes to make a Formula 1 return after being seriously injured in a rally crash two years ago, with his condition allowing for the virtual test.
Mercedes is remaining silent over rumours that Robert Kubica has trialled its Formula 1 simulator. According to Bild the Pole visited Brackley for a virtual outing, but the outfit says it has "no comment to make" after being contacted by GPUpdate.net.
Lotus Team Principal Eric Boullier says he would consider re-signing Robert Kubica in the future, providing the Pole is physically prepared for a Formula 1 return.
Robert Kubica is probably very glad that guard rail was there, and that it held when he slid his car into it. Read more...
Robert Kubica crashed out of a comfortable lead at the Rally Canaries on Saturday afternoon. The Pole, making his debut in the European Rally Championship (ERC), lost control of his Citroën DS3 during a right-hand corner on the tenth of 14 stages.
Robert Kubica hasn't been in a Formula One grand prix race since a rally crash left him injured in early 2011, but that doesn't mean the driver has stopped thinking about F1. According to Autosport.com, Kubica is headed back to WRC2, but remains focused on getting back into an F1 driver's seat. Show More Summary
Robert Kubica will contest the World Rally Championship's WRC2 tier in 2013, having signed a deal with Citroën. The ex-Formula 1 driver, who had been in talks with Mercedes over a potential DTM seat, will pilot a Citroën DS3 RRC at seven events.
Robert Kubica will not contest the upcoming DTM campaign, it has been confirmed. The Pole had expressed an interest in securing a deal after a successful test in the Mercedes AMG C-Coupé at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia, but the marque has handed the final seat to Formula 3 Euro Series Champion Daniel Juncadella.
Robert Kubica says a move to the DTM series could be an option in 2013, with the Pole open to a full-time seat in the category. The Kraków-born driver, who has been recovering from a near-fatal rally crash for the past two years, says he felt ‘no big limitations’ in the Mercedes DTM AMG C-Coupé during a test in Valencia this week.
Robert Kubica said he was 'very pleased' with his DTM test at Valencia on Thursday, after driving a high downforce car for the first time since his near-fatal rally accident in February 2011. He appeared to have no significant difficulties adjusting to the the Mercedes AMG C-Coupé, and managed to produce some respectable lap times.
Robert Kubica has explained that although he will be testing a Mercedes DTM car on Thursday, it is too early to discuss a potential future in the championship. The Polish driver, who is steadily recovering from a rallying accident in 2011, says he is simply grateful to the brand for allowing him to drive a car with 'good levels of downforce'.
Robert Kubica will test a DTM AMG Mercedes C-Coupe later this week. The outing, confirmed by newly-signed Executive Director Toto Wolff on Tuesday, comes after the Polish driver's encouraging string of rally results at the end of 20...
Robert Kubica sees no chances of F1 return in near future – Formula 1 news Former BMW Sauber and Renault driver, Robert Kubica has said that there are very small chances of his F1 return in the near future, but insisted that he will still work hard for it. Kubica had a severe accident in 2011 at the Ronde di Andora rally and was seriously injured. Show More Summary
Robert Kubica admits he misses racing in Formula 1 – Formula 1 news Robert Kubica, who stopped racing in Formula1 after suffering from injuries in a serious racing crash, has admitted that he misses F1. Kubica told that he finds it difficult to watch the F1 races. “I miss racing, that is the biggest problem,” Kubica told Daily Express. Show More Summary
Robert Kubica has ruled out an imminent return to Formula 1, explaining that he is still struggling with the rotation of his right elbow and wrist. The Pole, who suffered life-threatening injuries in a rally crash in early 2011, has been back on the motorsport scene recently, picking up a popular Rallye du Var victory last month.
Robert Kubica has received high praise from Benoit Nogier, the man who heads up the Citroën Junior Team and Kimi Räikkönen’s boss for the past two years. This weekend, the Pole will be competing for the French outfit in the Ralle du Var.
Robert Kubica has added another rally victory to his CV. The Pole, still recovering from his horrific crash of February 2011, took the spoils at this weekend’s Rally di Como in Italy. Earlier this year, he also won the Tour Gomitolo di Lana.
Robert Kubica has admitted that he cannot currently test single seater racing cars, with his right arm still yet to fully recover after a heavy rally accident early in 2011. The Polish driver is uncertain as to whether he will ever be able to return to Formula 1 and has set his immediate sights on getting back to full health.
Former Formula One driver Robert Kubica is set compete in two European rallies in a Citroen World Rally Championship car as he continues his return to motorsport following an horrific rally crash in 2011 that forced him out of his seat … Continue reading ? The post Kubica to drive WRC car on road to recovery appeared first on CarAdvice.