The Worland Volunteer Fire Department in Wyoming was recently called upon to extinguish an unusual fire — and the footage they captured is stunning. Firefighters determined the otherworldly blaze was the result of a sulfur mound that had been ignited. Show More Summary
Benjamin Barksdale to lead nation’s largest combination volunteer/career fire department
Ray McGrath, a retired San Francisco Fire Department captain who stayed on as a toy drive volunteer and morale booster, sometimes walking from station to station throughout the city, has died at 95. Among the duties he adopted was as...Show More Summary
When we made the decision to hike the Pacific Crest Trail, it was nearly two years ago as we were living out of a hammock in the Prescott National Forest, working for a volunteer fire department doing fuels reduction. We spent most of...Show More Summary
The post Compassionate Fire Department Award to Abingdon Volunteer Fire & Rescue appeared first on PETA.
The spokesman for Guatemala's volunteer fire departments said at least 19 people have been found dead at the scene of a fire in a troubled orphanage near Guatemala City. Spokesman Mario Cruz told the Emisoras Unidas radio station that firefighters were still extinguishing parts of Wednesday's blaze....
The former treasurer of the Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department was such a smoke-eater buff that he spent $9,000 to buy himself a 1931 American LaFrance antique fire engine. Problem is — the money wasn’t his. Michael Klein pleaded guilty in White Plains federal court Tuesday for stealing more than $5.7 million from his fire department...
More than 50 people have been sickened in a Salmonella outbreak in Tennessee apparently stemming from a volunteer fire department fish fry fund raiser earlier this month. Multiple media in and around Lacassas, TN, are reporting that a Sept. 10 fish fry at the Lascassas Fire Department has been identified as the likely outbreak event,... Continue Reading
Volunteer firefighter Kenneth Walker received a threatening, racist letter telling him to resign from New York’s North Tonawanda Fire Department on Monday night. Two days later, his home caught on fire. “We believe it was retaliation,” his wife, Amanda Walker, told Buffalo News. Show More Summary
PETA’s Compassionate Fire Department Award is on its way to the Fallowfield Township Volunteer Fire Company for its July 20 rescue of a dog named Blaze, who had fallen... The post Fallowfield Township Firefighters Receive PETA Award for Rescuing Dog Trapped in Mine Shaft appeared first on PETA.
On Monday, July 4th Agitator readers in the U.S. and we editors celebrate America’s 240th Independence Day. There will be fireworks, barbeques, volunteer fire department parades, the televised public broadcasting special from the National...Show More Summary
The former treasurer of the Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department stole nearly $6 million from his fellow smoke-eaters, prosecutors allege.
Logan Township Volunteer Fire Department suspended four men and police have charged them with making the false alarms
The Woodburn Volunteer Fire Department, located about 15 miles east of Fort Wayne in Indiana, is offering a new amenity for mothers. It’s called the Safe Haven Baby Box, a padded, climate-controlled container for newborns. It’s connected to a security system, so the emergency personnel inside the...
A Compassionate Fire Department Award is on its way from PETA to the Bedford Township Fire Department after volunteer firefighters responded to a house fire in the 8200 block... The post Bedford Firefighters Receive PETA Award for Saving Dog From House Fire appeared first on PETA.
The Burlington Volunteer Fire Department was called to Prospect St for a lock out by the Burlington Police Department. Rescue 9 was responding before being cancelled at 14:10. All units clear
This photo of a breastfeeding firefighter posted by an Australian volunteer fire department is going viral right now (with just over 3,000 shares and 32,000 likes), because, duh. It's the most important and inspirational testament to...Show More Summary
Courtesy of PETA, a Compassionate Fire Department Award is on its way to Macopin Volunteer Fire Company No. 4, which came to the rescue of a 6-month-old German shepherd... The post Macopin Firefighters Receive PETA Award for Dramatic Rescue of Dog appeared first on PETA.
A firefighter in Arkansas responding to a medical emergency was fatally shot on Friday by the person he had intended to assist, authorities said. East Pulaski Volunteer Fire Department firefighter Ronald Adams, 29, had responded to a report that a man had suffered a seizure and collapsed in...
Lt. Ronald Jason Adams, 29, served in the Sherwood Fire Department and was working on behalf of the volunteer East Pulaski Fire Department as snow blanketed the area around 5 a.m.